- Have to either pay $75 to check a second piece of luggage, or (my choice) accept to have several bulky carry-ons
- As a result of the quantity of my carry-ons, forget cellphone at security. It's probably lost forever, and some of the phone numbers stored in it will be hard to recover
- The usual discomforts of flying a red-eye
- Red wine (complimentary, thanks to Air France) spilled on my clothes while flying
- Slowed by the new arrangement of a renovated train station, barely miss a connection to a commuter train, then incur delays for the next one, hence a missed lqter connection to a bus: ordinary mishaps that lengthen the airport-to-destination part of the trip by a couple of hours.
Nothing out of the ordinary, but every time I travel by air, I remind myself that I don't want to do it anymore.
Skype is the way of the future.